Disney wrap up

Ok, so I didn't plan on taking a 6 week hiatus from the blog... let's finish this Disney stuff so I can move on to the other events that need to be on here!

Day 5: Hollywood Studios

Got to the park and went to sign the kids up for Jedi training.  Went to the Indiana Jones show, rode a few rides and then it started DOWNPOURING.  Luckily we were close to our lunch reservations at the Disney Junior lunch.  It was fine but was our least favorite character meal.  They just weren't rotating well and we had to ask the manager to have them come around because we'd been there an hour and it was time to go to Jedi training.

We rushed out of there and ran, literally, to Jedi training.  The kids checked in and got in line for their robes.
Hailey is behind the little girl in the front left. Tyson is to the right of the door in back with a maroon shirt on.
Learning Jedi skills!

Ready for Darth Vader? I know a little girl who is about to make a swift exit (blondie in the middle)
Poor Hailey - after Darth Vader was out for a few seconds, I noticed her little shoulders shaking and she was just standing there sobbing.  Steve got over there as fast as he could and rescued her.  They still gave her a Jedi certificate.  Awww.

Tyson defeats Vader!

They all defeated Darth Vader! And none switched to the dark side.

Still unsure of what happened up there with that big dude in black with the mask.
The kids made custom light sabers (Mommy and Daddy might play with them sometimes too)!  We rode lots of good roller coasters here but took a break to go home, knowing we'd come back later at night for a show and more rides.  That's when the drama ensued... we realized Hailey's lovey, her most prized possession, was missing.  After some brainstorming we realized she left it at the bus stop at the hotel in the morning.  Mommy went searching all over the place and ended up putting in a lost and found request.  What were the chances of really finding it?  We went back and rode Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror, and watched the show.  Hailey made it through that night with  no lovey.

Day 6:  Typhoon Lagoon  

Awesome water park.  Hailey pooped out around lunch time so Daddy took her back to the hotel while Mommy and Tyson stayed and got our butts whipped by the tidal wave pool.  I'm not sure that should be legal... luckily I made Tyson wear a life jacket before we went in and I might have needed to also!  Sheesh!  Fun but after about 6 strong tidal waves we'd had enough.  Also - this was the first day all week that the sun was out, so EVERYONE was at the water park.  We eventually headed back.  Daddy asked if we could try one more time to find lovey, so I called the front desk.  No luck.  They were very sympathetic, and told me she could pick a similar lovey from the gift shop, and they'd comp it.  Instead of that, I figured I'd walk up to the front desk in case that would make someone look a little harder.  Guess what... they were pretty sure they had FOUND IT!!  They said a manager would be bringing it to our room "shortly."  We were planning on leaving in about an hour to head to magic kingdom, so no problem!

It was almost time to go and Daddy made a good point - we shouldn't leave until they bring it. What if they need someone there to receive it and agree it's the right item?  So about 2 minutes before we wanted to leave... KNOCK KNOCK!!! The manager was standing there and she had HAILEY'S LOVEY!!!  NO WAY!!!  Daddy and I were so happy and relieved.  I don't think Hailey realized how lucky she was to actually get it back.  Thank you Disney!

We headed to Magic Kingdom with plans of riding a few things we'd missed the other days and watching the light parade/ fireworks.  We made it to the Toy Story ride again, the orbiter way up high, the carousel (Hailey had been coveting a ride on it all week), got some snacks and headed to the castle.

We waited for a few minutes and the kids told us they were tired and wanted to go to bed.  On our way out we heard the light parade was canceled due to some technical issue anyway.  I'm glad they were honest instead of powering through it and turning into complete monsters.

The next morning was our last day.  We packed our things and checked our bags at the hotel, then headed to Epcot to ride Test Track. We made it through this time without it breaking!! It was a fun ride.  We ate lunch at the aquarium and then rode the ride inside the big silver ball (can you tell I'm tired and trying to finish this?), then went back to the hotel and headed to the airport!  I have all kinds of pictures from Disney but I won't put you all through any more for now!  Thank you Disney!  What a fun trip!


Jammy said...

Wow, what a trip!!! Glad lovey showed up! Great memories for everyone. ;)

The Moriarty Family said...

Holy moly I had so much to read up on! What an awesome trip. Perfect ages for a full week at Disney. Great pics and memories.